Saturday, August 9

Maneki Nekos...

are those small porcelain or clay cats
that have one paw raised in the air
that are sometimes called lucky cats.
Maneki Neko is the actual name
and when translated
from Japanese
means "beckoning cat"
because the paw out
waving of fingers
is a beconing gesture
in Japan.
I've decided that it would be cool to have one of these
but I want Harrison to give it to me
because he was the first person I told
that I wanted one.
So
if you will
please get me one
one day
Harrison
that has the paw facing outward
and is either calico
white
or black.
Each color stands for something different
calico-luck
white-purity
black-good health.
Most Maneki Neko wear a collar, bib, or bell
I don't care which it wears
or if it has one at all.
So that is what I prefer Harrison
and hopefully you will give me one someday
before I forget about it...

If you would like to know more about Maneki Nekos
go to http://www.reference.com/search?q=Maneki%20Neko

No comments:

Post a Comment